Bariatric Surgery in Jaipur
Excessive /Morbid Obesity (Bariatric Surgery)
Bariatric Surgery is a procedure adopted on people who have obesity. By reducing the size of their stomach through various minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques, the surgeons restrict the amount of food stomach can hold. This is done by either removing a part of the stomach or by gastric banding.
Accompanied with weight loss are various other advantages of this surgery such as relief from hypertension, sleep apnoea, diabetes, acid reflux, migraine, asthma, cardiovascular disease, menstrual dysfunction in women, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease etc.
Eligibility- Those who have tried other weight loss plans without long-term success in past and have BMI ≥ 40 or BMI > 35 with significant obesity-related co morbidities are eligible for this surgery.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery-
- Rapid recovery
- Shorter stay at hospital
- Minimal risks
- Lesser post-ops
- Cure of various other weight related problems
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical process of about 2 to three hours in which the stomach is reduced by 75% of its original size leaving just a narrow ube like space. The process just involved reduction in the size of stomach which limits food intake that can be taken at once. After the first surgery, the patient loses approximated 40-70% of the excess weight.
- Laparoscopic Gastric bypass- Another Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery is Laparoscopic Gastric bypass which is also called as “Roux-en-Y gastric bypass” (RYGB). In this procedure, the surgeon makes 4-6 small incisions in your abdomen after which the stomach is divided into two parts. The upper part which is also called as the pouch carries the food you eat and is as small as a walnut. This ensures less intake of food and hence helps in weight reduction.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding- One of the least invasive surgical method for weight reduction in which the silicone ring with an expandable balloon is implanted in the center of top part of the stomach. This leaves a small pouch for the food you intake ultimately cutting the consumption of food as compared to earlier circumstances.
- Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) – It is a short and reversible weight loss procedure. It only takes 30 minutes for the procedure to complete and requires a shorter stay of a day in the hospital. In this procedure, a laparoscopic stapler is used to divide the stomach in a short tube like structure. The larger part of the stomach is no longer attached to esophagus and hence won’t take any food which becomes the actual reason of weight reduction.